Monday, May 26, 2008

A tribute to my Tickles - Entry for May 22


May 22, 1992 - a beautiful little sable sheltie was born in the east end of Toronto to Patricia Freeman's two showdogs. Two months later, a young woman drives up the long winding driveway to the farmhouse to meet Pat Freeman, who introduces her to the four sheltie pups. He caught her eye right away -- wearing his little white bootie and being ever so playful. He may not have been the best looking, but it was something about him that told her, he's the one.
Two weeks later, the little sable sheltie entered our lives. I can't remember his dad's name from the top of my head, but I decided to name him "Tickle My Fancy" and that is exactly how I submitted it back to the Canadian Kennel Club pedigree list.
Tickle My Fancy became Tickles in my family. Through his frolicking, his tenderness, his intelligence and warmth, he enriched our lives for 15.5 years. On May 22, 2008, he would have been 16 years old. Although I did not spend too much time with him due to me moving to Asia, Tickles would remember me every time I go home. His barks of delight, his fan-like tail whipping about, and his tender kisses are still so vivid to me.
Tickles baby, I miss you and will always remember how you lit up our lives. I love you always....

No comments: