Monday, May 26, 2008

Reflecting on the circle of life and 'worrying'

I just finished my good friend's blog and she talked about the circle of life and worrying about our parents used to worry about us -- but now it's the other way around. I know exactly how she feels because our parents are about the same age.
My parents used to worry about us doing well in school because they never had the opportunity to be schooled. Worried about us having enough food in our stomach because they had to work all day long to put food on the table for themselves and their siblings. Worried whether we'd grow up and turn into gangsters (highly unlikely!), about our health, what type of friends we'd have, boyfriends/girlfriends....
I often worry about how my parents are back home because I cannot be there with them most of the time. My brother lives in the same city but only goes home a few times a month. Thank goodness our parents' health is okay and they are pretty independent.
When or how do I find time to spend more time with them? 2 weeks at home does not help because it makes me miss them more when we depart. Moving them to HK could be a possibility but I'd have to be financially secure enough to support them and I certainly am not there yet.
They have taught me so much in my life and I know they want me to be happy...and i thank them from the bottom of my heart for giving me the education, the food, the guidance, the discipline and most importantly the unconditional love...to make me what I am today. Mommy and daddy...I love you always.

No comments: